Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Almost A Dieting Disater !!!


Well I've been really tackling the dieting issue with myself. I've been trying to be good, but it's so hard. I REALLY want a brownie!!!! I've been trying to practice self control and try not to indulge. I use a little trick that when I want something sweet I chew a piece of gum ( It does work). Yesterday I went to the grocery store to pick up a few items for dinner and (I've been working on trying not to go down the isles with the sweets). I heard that if you stick to the outside aisles(excuse my spelling, I'm not a perfect speller) when you shop, you shop healthier. I caught myself going down the aisle where the brownie mix is. I stood there pondering over the cheesecake, the double chocolate and chocolate chunk mix. All yummy of course !!! I actually picked up a box and headed for the next aisle. Hold on wait a minute!!! After picking up my next item I returned the box of brownies to their rightful place on the self. Congratulations to me!!! I won!!!! As I did this I heard a little snicker from the stocker boy standing next to the brownies stocking shelves. Hello ? Who are you to laugh at me for putting a box of brownie mix back on the shelf? I didn't advertise that I was on a diet? Shame on you to laugh me.
So I conquered my dieting pitfall and went on. I hate dieting!! I really want the damn brownie!!!! It's so hard to stay away from sweets when your favorite things are brownies, chocolate chip cookies and peanut m &m's. I will overcome them!!!

No comments: